Attendee FAQ – Using Pathable as an attendee
First thing’s first!
- We strongly recommend you download Google Chrome (free to download – click here). The Pathable platform works best in Chrome. Be sure to bookmark your personal link so you can easily find it to attend the Conference.
- You will receive an invitation email from Pathable closer to the Conference dates. Pathable is the platform hosting the program. Please note that Cvent and Sched.com have Conference information but you will need to login to your Pathable profile in order to attend the program.
- The email will, by default, come from a firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Please add this email address to your accepted emails list to hopefully avoid emails going to Spam.
- You will need to complete your profile with a 6 character or longer password in order to be able to login and attend the PEARC21 program. You must select the “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” checkbox in order to access the event website and attend the Conference.
- Once you have completed your profile, you will select “Continue to App” to enter the platform where the program is hosted.
- Please note that only one login is allowed per email address and you can only be logged in on one device at a time.
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection to avoid buffering and slow downs.
- If you experience connection issues, click on Chrome at the top of the device and select Clear browsing data. In that box, only have the boxes check marked for “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”. Then click Clear data.
- You can use your iPhone/Android/tablet to access the event and watch sessions. We recommend a connection of 3 Mbps or higher.
- You cannot be logged into the platform on more than one device at the same time. If you need to switch devices (go from your laptop to your tablet), you must log out to then login from your other device.
- Each login is unique to your email address. You cannot share your email and login with someone else because you can only be logged in to one device at one time to participate in the conference.
Navigating the event site:
Utilize the navigation items at the top of the screen to view different pages to possibly include:
Attendee and Speakers in the “People” section
How do I edit my profile?
From the main menu navigation, select Your Name at the top right corner > Edit my profile. Here, you can add a profile picture, your organization’s name, add a short bio, set your profile preferences, and share other relevant information about yourself.
How do I add a session to my agenda?
From the main navigation menu, select Schedule > View Agenda and then click the plus sign (+) next to any session(s) that you want to add to your agenda. Once you have added the session to your Agenda, you will see the plus sign (+) change to a green box with a check mark in it.
How do I join a session during PEARC21?
To join a virtual session, navigate to the specific session’s page (Agenda/My Agenda > Click on the session to enter it’s session page). On the session page, you will be able to join the session (1) minute before the specified start time by clicking “Join Live Meeting”. You will see this until the session begins. “Join Live Meeting” will appear where you see “Reserve Spot” is currently shown to the left in red.
- Answer polls on meeting sessions, if the Speaker has included polls.
- Use the Chat function to ask questions. Almost every webinar session will have Live Q&A when the presentation ends.
- See who is attending the session in the People tab within that session page.
- If a Speaker has uploaded files to the session, you can find them in the File tab and download the document(s) to your device by clicking on the Cloud with an arrow to the right of the file name.
- Check out the Game section to see how you can earn points to work your way up the Leaderboard!