March 23rd, 2020
We continue to plan PEARC20 in the hopes that we will be able to meet in Portland, OR from July 26th – 30th, 2020. However, the PEARC20 Committee, Steering Committee, and ACM are looking into the possibility of a virtual conference if we have to cancel the in-person meeting. We will continue to update this page with any new announcements regarding changes to PEARC20.
More importantly, paper reviews are underway, and we have confirmed that the PEARC20 proceedings will be published regardless of the outcome of an in-person or virtual conference. Paper reviews are underway, and we have confirmed that the PEARC20 proceedings will be published regardless of the outcome of the conference during these changing times. The following will be included in all proceedings: accepted papers and posters, with the submission of a 4 page paper and Visualization Theater videos with the submission of a 2 page write up. Additionally, please continue to plan your panels and BoF session submissions as the committee will continue to evaluate conference options at this time.
We hope PEARC20 will be one of the first conferences to bring our community back together this year. If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
March 6th, 2020
The safety and well-being of our community colleagues, members, and students is our top priority. The PEARC20 Committee is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak and we fully understand you have questions, and concerns around traveling at this time. Currently, there are no changes to the PEARC20 program. The PEARC20 committee is working closely with the hotel venue, and we are monitoring information, guidelines, and recommendations from government resources such as the Portland County Public Health Department, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
The PEARC20 Committee is committed to taking appropriate precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for attendees. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates throughout various communication channels as more information becomes available.
Cancelation Policy: All refund requests must be made in writing and received no later than Friday, June 5, 2020. There is a $100 processing fee subtracted from the refund. No refunds will be processed for those canceling after June 5, 2020. Registration is transferable.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Preventative Recommendations from the CDC
Here are the current CDC recommendations to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.